Cooking with Kids: A Mysterious Gadget


When visiting my family last month eldest daughter got to use a very useful gadget to mush up garlic.  It is basically two pieces of plastic with some teeth.  You place the clove inside and twist them together until the garlic is suitability mushed.  It was very simple to use and clean and had no sharp edges to worry about.  Only trouble is, while I’d like to get one for our kitchen, I have no idea what it is called so don’t know where I’d get one.  Lakeland don’t see to have one in their catalogue and they are usually my default port for gadgets.  Anyone recognise this and know what it is called?


About Nuala

Geeky feminist Irish woman living in Scotland. Has two daughters and a lot of yarn. Really likes hummus.
This entry was posted in cooking with kids, meta. Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Cooking with Kids: A Mysterious Gadget

  1. Bex says:

    It is a Garlic Twist. I prefer the garlic zoom but that does have sharp bits and while I did love mine, it also fell apart.

  2. Alison Rowan says:

    Lakeland used to do a similar one, but I can’t find it now – you can get it here –

  3. Pingback: Recipe: Pea Soup with Serrano Ham | The Ubiquitous Chickpea

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s